Wrenching is what we love to do; it’s why we started this business. Bikes that work are the best, right? For us there’s nothing better than seeing you fall in love with your bike all over again.
(1) We will explain clearly what’s wrong with your bike and what we’re going to do to it;
(2) We won’t sell you service or parts that you don’t need;
(3) We will return your old parts or we will recycle/donate them at your request; and
(4) We will be nice.
We’re going to do more than you ask us to (at no additional charge) because that’s what happens at good bikes shops.
If you want to get us really excited then talk to us about Campagnolo or wheel building. We rock both. No joke.
Our base hourly rate is 60 bucks. That’s less than a lawyer makes and about enough for us to pay rent, pay bills and have a nice meal out once a month. Here’s what typical service costs:
- Talking to us about what’s wrong with your bike: $free
- Flat fix: $10-15 labor + tube
- Brake Bleed: $20 (per caliper)
- Chain Install: $10
- Derailleur Adjust: $10
- Wheel True: $0-50 + parts
- Bike Build: $75-100
- Tubular gluing: Don’t ask
- Wheel Build: $75 per wheel + lifetime warranty
- Bar tape wrapping: $20
- Hot mess cleaning charge: $25 (not joking)
$100 Tune Up (not including parts)
Does your bike spend long periods of time hanging on the wall of your garage, only to be occasionally interrupted by the Sunday ride? Then this is the tune up you want. We will clean everything that you see. We will make sure your bike is quiet. Specifically we will: Adjust your shifting and braking; Adjust your hubs; Adjust your headset; Clean that drivetrain (chain, crank, cassette, derailleurs); Inspect your frame and components for damage and wear.
$200 Tune Up (not including parts)
If you ride in all conditions and put on a lot of miles, then this is the one you want. All Basic tune up service plus: Lubricate cables and housings; For electronic shifting: run diagnostics and update firmware; For hydraulic braking: check fluid levels; All bolts cleaned and properly torqued: All bearings – hubs, bottom bracket, and headset — cleaned and inspected; Front and rear derailleurs ultrasonically cleaned; Labor charge waived for new parts installation; and more.